Thursday, May 10, 2007

Kindness of Strangers?

A nice woman knocked on my door the other day. She asked if she could help me with my garden. Apparently she just moved to Victoria from Ontario and no longer has a garden, so she cast her eye about for someone who obviously needs help. I wasn't sure whether to be grateful or put out. Yes, it's true that my garden is a weedy mess.

614weeds
Look at the wisteria and not the weeds.

But the fact is, it's my garden. And I get precious little enough time to spend in it. So I thanked the nice lady and said I would think about it.

That wisteria, by the way, is a hundred years' old. I have a photo of the house dated 1912 and the vine was already quite well established by then. Julian recently said that it was called 'mysterious', which is actually a rather good name (and one used by a friend's little boy, as well).

wisteria
Chinese wisteria (Wisteria sinensis).

No comments:

Post a Comment